Table fans are not a thing of past. People still actively use them to combat hot summers or in addition to ceiling fans. The question remains how do you choose which table fan is right for you?
Things that you should keep in mind before purchasing a table fan for yourself
First of all, you should get acquainted with the types of table fan that are available out there.
They are classified into two categories based on oscillation and design
Based on Oscillation:
- There are oscillating fans that cover a large area.
- Some fans have a rotating front grill that circulate air in a cone.
Based on Design:
- You can get a box table fan that is very sleek and ideal for a window sill.
- Desktop fans are antique and give a nice vintage feel to your space.
- Tilt table fans have a frame than be tilted. They are good to use during winter and summer.
Now that you know the types of table fans that you can buy, look at the factors that you need to consider.
- Performance: Although table fans only cover a small area as compared to ceiling fans. You can choose an oscillating table fan that can cover a larger area if you are okay with intermittent air flow.
- Material: Choose a sturdy fan that is either made of high-grade plastic or metal. It will ensure that the fan serves you longer.
- Maintenance: The older fans do not have a removable grill and can get quite dirty if not cleaned properly. The newer models have removable grills which makes it really easy to clean and maintain.
- Look: Choose a fan that looks good and matches your interiors. You do not want a fan that takes away from the décor of the room. Fans nowadays are available in several different colours and sizes and designs. Select a fan that suits your personal taste be it modern or vintage.
- Portability: Ensure that the table fan is portable. This is a major plus over other kinds of fans such as ceiling fans or wall mounted fans. You should be able to take your fan anywhere in the house or even when you’re moving houses.
- Noise: Choose a bigger fan that is quieter than a small inefficient noisy one. Unless space or fan price is a constraint, then you can buy a smaller fan.
- Ergonomic design: Choose a fan that is really efficient at circulating cool air in the room. Check if the blades are ergonomically designed.
The best part of buying a table fan is that the fan price is really low compared to ceiling fan price. It is really an economical choice for people who do not want to spend on air conditioners or coolers. You can use the table fan along with ceiling fans to make the room cooler faster. In the hot summers, it is really important to keep the temperature down.